Re: www subdomain

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: www subdomain
Posted by:  Mitch Bujard (cli.…@schoolfonts.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013

On 2013-06-05 02:21:45 +0000, j said:

> WWW subdomains
>
> Google recommends, and I see that many major sites are complying, with
> not having duplicate content on a subdomain. At least that is my take
> on it.
>
> So, if you have www.some-domain.com and some-domain.com, traffic on
> some-domain.com gets a 301 to www.some-domain.com
>
> Can anyone shed some light on why this is being done?

Sorry, I do not understand. Up until now, I thought that using
www.fontmenu.com or fontmenu.com pointing to the same content, it was
seen by Google as the same site. Now, which one is considered best by
Google ?

If Google prefers fontmenu.com, it is rather easy to manage absolute
links to point tohttp://fontmenu.com/page.htm rather than
http://www.fontmenu.com/page.

Well. Now should I use a php index page, so I can see if
www.fontmenu.com has been used, and reroute to fontmenu.com ?

If Google is bad enough not to filter out the www, it is rather
ridiculous. But after all...

Where did you get the information from Google about that issue ?

TIA

Mitch
http://FontMenu.com orhttp://www.Fontmenu.com
---