Re: www subdomain

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: www subdomain
Posted by:  richard (norep…@example.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013

On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 22:21:45 -0400, j wrote:

> WWW subdomains
>
> Google recommends, and I see that many major sites are complying, with
> not having duplicate content on a subdomain. At least that is my take on it.
>
> So, if you have www.some-domain.com and some-domain.com, traffic on
> some-domain.com gets a 301 to www.some-domain.com
>
> Can anyone shed some light on why this is being done?
>
>    Jeff

btw, this really isn't a subdomain.
used to be absolutely mandatory that the "www" be used.
Now it is optional.
So yeah, the same information will be shown if your site uses the "WWW".

if you get a 301, that's generally because the host server is set up that
way. Not a problem with google's demands.