|Subject:||Making a "how it works" video for our website... Any filming/technical advice|
|Posted by:||ship (shiph…@gmail.com)|
|Date:||Fri, 29 Feb 2008|
We are thinking of filming a short "how it works" video clip and
putting up on our website.
The idea is to explain how our (rather complex) business model works.
We are total newbies and have never done videos before and don't
really know where to start.
The idea would be start with a simple talking head explaining how it
works - and then later we may need something more sophisticated.
It obviously would need to be quite short in length (1-2 minutes)
Any post-processing advise on:
- Best video editing software - ("Final Cut Pro" ??)
- Where to host (could we just embed a youtube clip?)
- What about compression? (or does youtube do that for you?)
- What pixel dimensions should we use for the final output?
- And what about lighting? Our offices have rather small window.
Should we buy special light-bulbs? Or realistically should we bite
the bullet and buy special lights - if so which ones?
- What about software to capture mouse-movements on a screen?
- Do we need a special microphone or will the Cam Corders suffice.
.... all rather daunting. Particularly as we are an up-market brand
but we only have a minimal budget for this!
All thoughts much appreciated.