Re: The next new thing on the web?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: The next new thing on the web?
Posted by:  mbstevens (NOXwebmaste…@xmbstevensx.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:19:18 -0700, veg_all wrote:

> Now that we have text, pictures, audio and video, what more is there
> to the web? I think we are at the end of what the web can promise.
> Now things will just get more standardized and stable over the next
> 10-30 years.

Silly vegetable, you're forgetting full-on virtual reality as
depicted way back in the early 80s in Gibson's novels, long
before a real web actually existed, including feedback for all the senses.
Gamers already have tactile feedback, which will easily spread more to the
web, and then there is teledildonics, which has been around in rudimentary
form many years.  I don't know if we're in for a new golden age, but we
are certainly in for a bloody, itchy, smelly, squishy one.