Re: The next new thing on the web?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: The next new thing on the web?
Posted by:  John (jplo…@swbell.net)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007

>I have been using the web since 1994 and have noticed the following
> evolution trend:
>
> Pre 1990's - Text dominated web
> 1990-1995 - Pictures added
> 1995-2000 - Audio added
> 2000-2010 - Video added
> 2010+ - ?????
>
> Now that we have text, pictures, audio and video, what more is there
> to the web? I think we are at the end of what the web can promise.
> Now things will just get more standardized and stable over the next
> 10-30 years.

Oh I can think of a lot of things if my home was hooked up to a computer and
had video cams that I can look around the house when I'm gone at work. I
could have it let the dog out, check and see if I turned the stove off and
if I didn't it would. I don't always get off at the same time so I could
have the heat or ac come on as I'm heading home. Did I lock the door? Who
cares I just click the lock icon. Wouldn't it be nice if you could turn off
the automatic sprinkler system if it started raining. Have you ever forgot
to record a program you wanted to watch? Yep it could even check and make
sure you have everything you need for dinner tonight.
With you saying 30 years from now I can see all this and a lot more.