|Subject:||SEO advice needed: e.g. What happens if all golf courses (in Scotland) link to all golf courses in Scotland?|
|Posted by:||ship (shiph…@gmail.com)|
|Date:||Fri, 8 May 2009|
I have some SEO (i.e. PageRank) questions:
One of my clients is a golf course website in Scotland.
1. If my client website were to 'swap links' with 'almost every other
golf course website in Scotland' - (of which there must be say 200 or
so golf courses) would this:
a) Give my client website an increased competitive SEO advantage over
the other clubs? (most of whom presumably wouldn't have bothered) OR
b) Get my client hammered by Google for setting up a 'link farm' ? (!)
2. Is it better when swapping links to deep link or link to the home
And is there any advantage of doing so asymmetrically - i.e. it is
for our site if we to deep link, but have the other sites link to
our home page?
3. If ALL golf courses were to link to all golf courses, would that
help all their PageRanks ?
4. Do the links need to be in the top half of the page?
5. Is there a maximum number of links allowed on one page?
- Any advice appreciated!