Re: Hard drive activity lights on case front.

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Hard drive activity lights on case front.
Posted by:  Jan Alter (bearp…@verizon.net)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011

"John" <Jo…@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:mWMXo.8543$hk.23…@news.usenetserver.com...
> Do they normally only work if the hard drive is connected to SATA port #1
> or #2. Without thinking I connected the hard drive & DVD to ports 3 & 4
> and so far haven't seen the lights work even after reversing the light
> wiring connection at the motherboard.
>
> Thanks,
> John

They should work fine no matter what SATA port you've got them connected.
However, reversing the hdd LED connections to the mb will certainly cancel
the lighting out if the wiring has been reversed from what it needs to be.
Usually the color wire will go to + and the white wire to -. Do check the
diagram. You're talking about an LED which lets current go in only one
direction.

--
Jan Alter
bearp…@verizon.net