Hardware for wireless connection

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Hardware for wireless connection
Posted by:  Fulio Open (fuliop…@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011

I use my netbook at home wireless in the U.S., as we have internet
service for the desktop.  I also use this small computer in the
library and Borders bookstore. The wireless connections are very

I took this netbook to China a while ago, and stayed in my mom's
house.  She had internet service for her desktop. but my netbook could
not get internet connection. I was told by the local people that I had
to buy a device looking like a USB.  When inserting it to the
computer, it would be able to get wireless service nearby.

I  didn't buy it in China as I would come back to the U.S. soon.  I
wonder whether or not such device is available in the U.S.  If yes,
what is the name? I like to buy one as I will go back to China soon.

Thanks for your information.

fulio pen