Re: [?OT] Trusteer Rapport

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: [?OT] Trusteer Rapport
Posted by:  Slarty (plink.1RoyTubb@spamgourmet.net)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:11:52 +1100, noma…@hotmail.com wrote:

> Some banks and other financial institutions are pushing Trusteer
> Rapport
>
> In part they claim 'If you bank, trade, or shop online, Rapport
> can significantly reduce your exposure to the growing threat of
> financial fraud and identity theft'.
>
> But with no explanation of what it does and how it does it.
>
> Any comments from the group on this?
>
> Pete

I tried it fairly briefly as my bank was pushing it. It seemed to do
nothibg very useful, was a slight nuisance (can't recall why), and the I
read an article on The Register suggesting it 'leaked'. I've no idea of the
truth or otherwise of that. You can have too many layers of 'security'
sometimes, and why should I trust what Trusteer does with the information
it garners?

Uninstalled and never missed.