Re: Can't get SSI to work

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Can't get SSI to work
Posted by:  Álvaro G. Vicario
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012

El 20/08/2012 14:32, Bruce Bowler escribió/wrote:
> I used to manage a machine (2+ years ago) that ran centos and apache.
> That machine has been replaced by one running ubunto and apache2.  On the
> old machine, <-- #include directives "just worked".  Now I can't seem to
> get them to work to save my life.
>
> I've enabled mod_include.
> I've added Options +Include to my httpd.conf.

> I've restarted apache
>
> No love.  No errors, no warnings, no mention of anything in access or
> error logs.

Sorry if I'm saying something obvious but Ubuntu is Debian-based and
Debian loves to change the way in which third-party software is configured.

Make sure that:

1. mod_include is actually enabled.
2. Parsed settings contain an output filter for whatever file extension
you are using.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mod_include.html
http://linux.about.com/od/ubusrv_doc/a/ubusg25t08.htm

--